COVID-19 Event Update – June 17, 2020
In the wake of this uncertainty, don’t worry about your Bikes & Beers registration. Stay committed to your fitness goals and know that your registration can be used at future events if your event is affected in any way.
We have your back as COVID-19 causes uncertainty throughout each of our Bikes & Beers Events Regions. The health and safety of our participants, staff, brewery staff, and host community members has always been our top priority. We have been following the outbreak closely and are cognizant of the risks that large gatherings pose.
We have adjusted our Spring schedule and have re-scheduled the following events:
Boston, MA – NEW DATE: August 8, 2020 (*combined with Framingham event)
Somerdale, NJ – NEW DATE: August 30, 2020
Hampton, NH – NEW DATE: September 19, 2020
Parkesburg, PA – NEW DATE: September, 26, 2020
Baltimore, MD – NEW DATE: October 4, 2020
Hershey, PA – NEW DATE: October 10, 2020
Columbus, OH – NEW DATE: October 18, 2020
Frederick, MD – NEW DATE: October 24, 2020
Richmond, VA – NEW DATE: November 21, 2020
Portland, ME – NEW DATE: May 8, 2021
Asheville, NC – NEW DATE: October 9, 2021
**If you are registered for any of these events, we are providing 3 options for all riders moving forward:
- If you are fine with the new date, you don’t need to do anything at this point – your registration will automatically be updated to the new event date.
- You can transfer to any other 2020 event at no cost. We revised our transfer policies to allow for free transfers from any 2020 events. (see more info below)
- You can transfer to the new Social Distancing Virtual Ride and get your Rider Appreciation Package delivered to your door.
- **All information regarding these transfers has been emailed to registered riders.
We remain optimistic that our Summer events will not be affected by the virus and are also taking responsible steps to protect everyone involved. We will be consulting with local authorities leading into each event and taking appropriate actions on an event-by-event basis. We are developing a plan for every event moving forward to make sure that the event experience is safe for all riders, staff, and volunteers.
As mentioned above, we have revised our policies around transfer fees. If we must postpone or cancel an event, you will be able to transfer to a future event at no charge. We plan to help you stay fit and on your bicycle no matter which of our events you are able to attend!
We encourage each of you to take all possible measures to keep yourselves and your communities healthy. We will update and re-post this thread as necessary in the coming weeks.
The Bikes & Beers team appreciates your patience and cooperation during these uncertain times. As always, please reach out with any questions or concerns at [email protected].
Transfer Information– If you would like to transfer to a new event in 2020, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into your myevents.active.compage
- Locate your Event Registration
- Click Change event
- Select the new eventyou would like to transfer to
- Select Category
- Click CONTINUE
- Verify Information is Correct
- Agree to new waiver
- Enter Electronic signature
- Click COMPLETE
- **If you would like to transfer to the Social Distancing ride, follow all of the same steps above – you just need to select the TRANSFER option as the new category. Then go back into myevents.active.comand select “Purchase Merchandise” and select your FREE t-shirt size.