BIKES & BEERS FAQ:
Q: What’s Bikes & Beers and why is it so great?
A: Bikes, beers, and charitable giving to your local bicycle advocacy. The most fun you’ll have on two wheels!
Q: What are the riding options?
A: 15, 30, and 50 mile cycling route for each of our events. Routes are published on ridewithgps.com.
Q: When is Bikes & Beers?
A: Check out the Events Page for full 2020 events schedule!
Q: Who do I contact for more information?
A: You can reach us at [email protected]&beers.com
Q: Is this a race?
A: Bikes & Beers is a fun way for cyclists of all levels to get out and enjoy the road. This is NOT a race.
Q: Can I ride with a child/pet in a trailer?
A: To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all riders, Bikes & Beers does not permit riding with trailers/strollers.
Q: I don’t want to ride. Can I still participate in the after party?
A: Yes! We have Spectator: Post-Ride Party Entry tickets available on each event page!
Q: Is the post-ride party family friendly?
A: Yes! Bring your family and friends! The post-ride after party, held at host brewery, is a great place to relax and enjoy some delicious craft beer.
Q: Can children (under 21) participate?
A: Host brewery policy changes from state to state. Please refer to individual event pages for details.
Q: Will the event be held rain or shine?
A: Yes, all events will be held rain or shine. Unless the whether is apocalyptic, we’ll send riders off on our three riding options.
Q: Is there a time limit on completion?
A: No. However, the after party raffle will be conducted no later than 1:45pm and last call to redeem beer coupons will be 2:00pm.
Q: Are there water stations along the cycling routes?
A: There is at least one rest stop on each Bikes & Beers route (sometimes more, as indicated on individual event pages). Rest stops have water, Gatorade, and tons of various snack options.
Q: What are some things I shouldn’t ride without?
A: Helmets are required. We also strongly suggest bringing a water bottle for easy fill-ups along the route to stay hydrated!
Q: What’s the check-in process?
A: All event check-in is done the morning of. Check-in is very fast. Please arrive at least 30-minutes prior to your individual start time with a valid ID.
Q: When do I pick up the included or pre-purchased merchandise?
A: All event merchandise will be available for pick up at the event after party.
Q: Are there brewery tours at Bikes & Beers events?
A: Brewery tours will be provided by brewery staff. Please check-in with brewery if you’re interest in a tour but don’t miss the raffle!
Q: What kind of bike should I bring?
A: A road bike is best for all the courses, but any bike type will do! We love seeing awesome, creative bikes out on the course!
Q: Can I bring my dog to the after party?
A: YES! We love having dogs join in on the fun!
Q: What’s your refund policy?
A: Bikes & Beers does not allow refunds or deferments. We do allow transfers up until three weeks from event day. See full policy below.
BIKES & BEERS RULES:
- Use of Helmet – Helmets are required for all participants in all of our rides.
- Obey Traffic Laws – We work closely with our partnering local cycling advocacy at each event to design an optimal route. But our courses are not “closed” and the roads remain open to cars, so abiding by the rules of the road is an imperative. We’ll have ride leaders and a SAG support vehicle along the route to provide assistance in case of emergency.
- Use Electronic Devices Safely – Please leave your headphones at home so that everyone stays alert. Also, use of electronic devices like cell phones are only permitted when safely mounted to your bike for road navigation (routes on ridewithgps.com).
- Look Out For Each Other – When riding in a group, please adhere to general cycling courtesies like calling out potholes or debris and riding in an organized fashion on the side of the road.
- Say Thanks to Our Valued Volunteers & Brewery Staff! – Lots of generous folks in our host communities are volunteering their time to make our events great, so please show them your appreciation. You’ll recognize them in bright orange t-shirts with “VOLUNTEER” across the back. Also please thank all the brewery staff involved!
- Have Fun! – It’s going to be a spectacular day of bikes, beers, and tons of fun along the way!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU’LL NEED TO KNOW:
- Mechanical Assistance – Course support mechanics will be on hand at the start/finish to help get you rolling in the morning. Aid stations will be stocked with spare tubes and some tools. We also suggest carrying a few tubes and a pump or CO2 cartridges just so you don’t get stuck out there.
- Medical Assistance – Medical supplies will be on hand at the start/finish and each aid station will be stocked with first aid supplies. In the event of an emergency out on the road, please call 911 and notify the nearest course marshal if possible.
- Course Support Vehicles – We’ll have some help for you out on course. If you can’t keep going because of a crash, or mechanical trouble, our course support crew and/or emergency shuttle can pick you and your bike up and take you to the next aid station or back to the party at the start/finish. The course support vehicle phone number will be provided in pre-ride emails and ride cue sheet.
REGISTRATION & REFUND POLICIES:
- Entries are Non-Refundable – Bikes & Beers is still a relatively small and growing event business, so cancellations affect us greatly.
- Discounts are not Stack-able – Only one discount code may be used per registration. This includes voucher codes and merchandise credits.
- Things Outside of our Control – In the very unlikely event that one of our venues gets hit by a hurricane, or some other natural or man-made disaster that is outside of our control, we may have to cancel rides and entire events. In that improbable scenario, we can’t refund any entry fees, but we’ll do our best to give out all your t-shirts, gifts, and prizes.
- Full Policy – Bikes & Beers offers Registration Protector through our registration platform. In the event that you register for a Bikes & Beers event and cannot participate, there are no refunds UNLESS you have purchased Registration Protector AND are in compliance with the terms and conditions. Additionally, Bikes & Beers Waiver: I acknowledge and agree that Event Producer, in its sole discretion, may delay, modify, or cancel the Event for any reason, including if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed, modified, or cancelled, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rough water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, threatened or actual strike, labor difficulty, work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of Event Producer, there shall be no refund of entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event.